Monday 9 June 2014

Srimadh Bagawatham - Krishna’s Instruction To Udhavar Part 1

Continued From: http://thoughtsonsanathanadharma.blogspot.ca/2014/06/srimadh-bagawatham-bagawatha-dharmam_7.html



Lord Krishna provided many instructions to uplift us. Lord Krishna instructed Bagawath Geetha to Arjuna asking Arjuna to follow Karma Yoga and remain a warrior. Now, Lord Krishna instructed the same Bagawath Geetha to Udhavar asking him to take up sanyasa. Sanyasa can be split in to two words sam + nyasa. “Sam” means complete and “nyasa” means submission or surrender. Thus “sanyasa” refers to anyone who has complete faith in the Lord, has accepted the Lord as their owner and the only protector. Such a person who has surrendered to the Lord leads a carefree life bereft of any responsibility of taking care of oneself. Any prapanna (a person who has performed Saranagathi) at the Lord’s feet is a sanyasi. The word sanyasi thus, does not refer to just a monk wearing ochre coloured robe. A sanyasi (prapanna) could belong to any of the four varnashrama dharma. Earlier Arjuna had to fight in the war to protect his people hence, Lord Krishna concentrated on Karma Yoga while instructing Arjuna. Udhavar had no such necessity to fight in a war; hence, he is taught the art of renunciation and total surrender. As Lord Krishna was getting ready to leave for Sri Vaikuntham, Udhavar approached Him. Udhavar was surprised to see the Lord’s divine instruments, His chariot etc fly towards the sky.
‘Krishna, what is happening here? Why are your instruments and chariot flying in the air? Are you going somewhere?’
‘My dear Udhava! I am very happy to see you! I have to take leave of you now as the purpose of my incarnation has been completed.’
Lord Krishna had wished for Udhavar to witness His departure from Earth. It was per the Lord’s sankalpam that Udhavar arrived at the exact moment.
Udhavar understood the Lord’s sankalpam to leave Earth.
‘Krishna, how can I live without you! Even when our ordinary friends and relatives leave this world we find that the pangs of separation are impossible to bear. How can we then take even one breath without seeing you? Please take me with you to your abode. I don’t know how to live without you. I wore dress previously worn by, consumed food which had been tasted by you. Thus, I am completely dependent on you without any personal desires of my own. Please take me to your abode,’ asked Udhavar performing Saranagathi at Perumal’s feet.
‘Udhava, will you answer a question? Tell me,’ said the Lord, ‘who is very dear to me?’
‘Lord Brahma as he took birth from the lotus which came out of your navel.’
‘Lord Brahma is not very dear to me.’
‘Lord Siva then.’
‘He is not very dear to me either. If I see him we have a nice conversation but apart from that he
is not very dear to me.’
Udhavar wanted to say devotees like him but he wished to hear this from the lord. Therefore
he said, ‘Balaramar. You never go anywhere without Him.’
‘There is someone more dear to me than even Balarama.’
‘Rukmini Piratti?’
‘No, not even Piratti.’
‘I have seen you admire yourself in the mirror. You love yourself very much.’
‘Definitely not!’
‘Why don’t you tell me whom you love very much then?’ said Udhavar.
To the delight of Udhavar the Lord replied what Udhavar desired to hear from the Lord’s lips.
‘Devotees like yourself . As long as there is even one devotee who sheds tears of joy when he/she hears about me, I will continue to incarnate.I have fulfilled the purpose of my incarnation. The Celestials are waiting for me to return to my eternal abode now that I have answered their prayers. The moment I leave, Dwaraka will be submerged under the sea and the age of Kali will enter. People need guidance in the age of kali. Either I have to stay back or you have to remain instead of me. As I have to leave for Sri Vaikuntham, I need you to stay here and practice Bagawtha Dharmam so that other people are inspired by you. You will be able to survive the age of Kali only if you are detached from materialistic pursuits. Go to Badarikashramam and read Srimadh Bagawatham. Remember that I exist inside Srimadh Bagawatham. When your time comes, you will join me at Sri Vaikuntham. In order for you to practice detachment, I will teach you the following philosophy which was taught by an Avadutta Sanyasi to your ancestor Yadu Maharaja.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog