Friday 6 January 2012

Sanatana Dharma - Introduction

Sri Rama Jayam
Through my posts I am going to write about Sanatana Dharma and some of its aspects. I am also going to address some negative criticism faced by Sanatana Dharma. I had planned to do some research at lunch time today on the key aspects of Sanatana Dharma but didn’t have time due to schedule crunch at work. I thought that I might have to postpone my posts to a later date when a miracle occurred! Someone had sent me the key points of Sanatana Dharma through inter-office mail! I couldn’t find out any information about the sender as the from address was not specified but the envelope was addressed to me. Moreover it was delivered right to my desk when the normal practice is to put it in our mail box; I had goose bumps because I never check my mail box on a regular basis!
Introduction:
Santana Dharma or Hinduism as it is more commonly known is the oldest living religion. The word Santana means eternal or that which has no beginning or end.  The core belief is in the existence of chit, achit & paramatma; chit or the jeeva atma are the souls, achit is non-living matter & paramatma is the super soul or God.
All living beings including ourselves are jeeva atmas and our body is made up of achit.
Some of the major aspects of Sanatana Dharma will be presented in tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog